I woke up today feeling frustrated. 2014 was coming to an end, and I didn’t have any plans for the day whatsoever. Boredom has its toll on people, and I find myself doing things that I would not normally do on a day like this. So here I am, sharing with you what I did to my face, A.K.A the ‘New Year’s Eve Party Look’ (minus the actual party). Just a disclaimer, I’m not an expert on makeup, but hey, art for art’s sake, right?
I started with the eyes because I find that cleanup in general becomes easier, especially when eye shadow starts falling from the lids to the bottom part of your eye.
1. I applied a primer from Face shop onto both lids.
2. I applied eye shadow in the shade ‘birthday suit’ from the Benefit World Famous Neutrals palette
3. I applied “call my buff” onto my brow bone, “gilt-y pleasure” onto the eyelid, and “kiss me, I’m tipsy” near the lash area and the outer eye area. All of these are found in the Benefit palette mentioned above. I then blended the shades to create a gradient effect.
4. Next, the liquid liner. I used the Drawing Show brush liner from Face shop to line the upper eye lid.
5. I used “Gilt-y Pleasure” to line my lower lid.
6. I used white eyeliner from Face shop and placed some of the product at the inner corners of my eyes.
7. To add to the “sparkle factor”, I placed this draw-on eyeshadow stick called the “Bling bling eye stick” from Etude house just below my lower lash line. As funny as this product’s name is, it’s one of my favorite products to use because it’s so easy to apply and it can be used with a lot of other eye products to give it that shimmery finish.
8. I curled my lashes and applied Face shop’s Freshian Volumizing Mascara.
9. I then dd my eyebrows using Etude House’s drawing eyebrows in brown.
With that, the eyes are all done :)!
1. I used Etude house’s Precious Mineral BB cream all over my face, to even my skin tone out.
2. I applied concealer on certain areas of my face that I wanted to conceal. Dark spots, and all that.
3. I applied some Ever Bilena face powder to set the BB cream and the concealer.
4. I then applied Etude House’s “Light Shading Corset” on my face to give me a warmer complexion.
5. I applied a little bit of Maybelline’s Cheeky Glow to the tops of my cheeks.
Aaand we’re done with the face!
1. I first applied Maybelline’s Baby Lips lip balm so that the next product would blend easier. You can end at this part if you’d like to, but I opted to go for a darker lip.
2. I dabbed Burt’s Bees Lip shimmer in plum evenly onto my lips.
And there you have it! A product of boredom. If ever you’re going out on a party or anything, then I hope you find this helpful :)! Happy New Year, everyone!